How to Create Your Site to Be an Attractive Place for Potential and Current Customers
Nothing will drive away potential customers faster than a mixed up, awkwardly designed website. How can you change that? By reading the ten tips below which will greatly improve your website immediately.
1. Navigation | It is very important for customers to be able to navigate through your website easily. To do this, ensure all significant sections are noticeably prominent. Create links to as many pages as you can on the main navigation bar in place of having subpages from pages.
2. Your Brand | Include notable elements of your brand into your website, i.e., your logo and color scheme. Your logo should be displayed prominently on your home page as well as on all subsequent pages. This will help customers recognize your logo and brand quicker and easier. For example, think of Nike. You see right away in your mind their iconic "swish" logo. You want to be recognized for both your logo and name.
3. Home Page | As soon as a visitor lands on your home page, they should be able to tell exactly what your site is all about. A call to action should also be visually prominent on the page.
4. Content | Does your principal business operate offline? You can still have a website - just be sure to include enough clearly written information to direct customers to call or e-mail. If your business primarily operates online, you will need to provide ample information to provide customers the assurance to click and buy. However, it is best not to put too much information on any given page, as Internet visitors do not like to have to read several paragraphs to find out what you are about before there is any call to action.
5. Refresh Content | Always, always keep your website fresh and up-to-date. No one likes to visit a website and see information that may be out of date or no longer applicable. Keeping your website fresh will bring customers back again and again. Having a blog is the quickest, easiest way to stay fresh in your targeted market.
6. Think SEO | Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is how customers find you when they search on Google, Bing, Yahoo or other search engine. Having the most pertinent keywords in your SEO is very important. Also, SEO's do not like or usually cannot read graphics or images. One way to remedy this is to provide a link on your website to your photos or graphics, such as, "View Collection" instead of a button. The text is what SEO's will search - not images or graphics.
7. Colors | We all like color and you might think your wild purple will really make your website stand out. However, if customers are not able to read it, then that will not serve you or your business. Instead, use harmonizing colors that ensures your text will be easily read. Non-harmonizing colors such as red text on a blue background causes text to be too hard to read and will, therefore, potentially turn off visitors.
8. Be Accessible | If you want your customers to connect with you from your website, don't make it hard for them. Website design experts say your contact information, as well as your social media links, should be located at the top right hand corner on every page of your site.
9. Sounds Good | It's sometimes nice to hear music when you open up a website; however, on most mobile devices, the music will not play, which can be very frustrating for visitors. If you feel music needs to be on your website, just ensure it is pleasant to the ear and that it can be easily disabled.
10. External Links | Sometimes, you may want or need to add external links on your website that would take customers off your site onto another site. Make sure those links always open in a new window. You want to ensure your website stays in front of your customer, even when you afford them additional resources.
Need to create a website today? Let us know. We will be happy to create one for you.